Design Ideas: How Do You Resurface Your Kitchen Countertops?
Your kitchen is an area of constant activity, due to which countertops can wear out pretty fast. Consequently, resurfacing becomes essential after some point of time, but it`s not a bad thing because it gives you an opportunity to recreate your space. Since resurfacing procedures vary a little depending on the type of countertop you have in your kitchen - granite, laminate, concrete, marble - the steps given below are regarding laminate countertops which are water proof and easy to maintain.
- The existing countertop has to be stripped away for resurfacing. As a matter of precaution, remove the sink and keep it aside and cover the wall next to the countertop. Also, if the main uPVC door of the kitchen is near it, cover that too.
- To do this, sand the countertop evenly and you can use a sand powder to strip off the existing surface.
- Clean the dust that is formed on the surface thoroughly and you can use a moist cloth to do this.
- Cut out the new laminate to fit the measurement of your countertop. Cut out pieces that have to be placed at the edges too which can be done using a jigsaw.
- Apply an adhesive like contact cement that will stick the laminate to the surface on both the surfaces of your countertop and the backside of your laminate.
- Position the laminate pieces correctly and place it over the countertop using dowel rods.
- Remove the dowel rod one at a time and press the new laminate as you proceed.
- Use a j-roller to roll over the laminate in order to get rid of any trapped air bubbles.
- Use clamps to hold the laminate in place till the laminate is completely stuck to the surface.
While choosing the laminate, you can decide on a design that complements the decor of your kitchen. For instance, if you have an iron door as your main kitchen door and iron windows installed at your kitchen, you can choose a laminate with a rich wooden finish or a glossy white one. If you`ve resurfaced your kitchen, share with us how the process went for you. And let us know if you`ve found a way that works better!
Customer Appreciations View All
Good product and awesome team.
Happy with the quality and service Team
I like the service offered by fenesta. Its one of the best upvc window making company. Thanks to fenesta raipur and Mr.prakash
It's great I have recently renovated my room with fenesta windows really mind blowing.
Happy with the team and services