Light surely is a catalyst in mood change. You will notice, a room with less light will make you feel dull, fatigued, depressed whereas sunlight gushing through your window will lighten up the house and cheer up your mood.
In-fact the latest research suggests that the intensity of light can impact the intensity of emotion in us both positive and negative. So it becomes critical that we choose perfect light for our home.
In fact, Color and light have a psychological effect on us. Just as the colors of the painted wall affect how you feel, so does the light that is illuminated in the room.
1. Sunny Side Up : Sunlight is perfect remedy to lighten up the mood. Windows in the bedrooms, living room and kitchen will allow natural light to illuminate the room .It will give a kick start to a happy, active day and your mood. In-fact decision making ability and concentration level increases to a great extent.
Image Credit : whittenarchitects.com
2. Bright Suspension Light Combined with Red Light: Use of suspension light or pendant light in your dining area. It adds aesthetic value and also brightens up the food. Adding red light in your dining area will increase the table conversation amongst family members and also their appetite.
Suspension light in Red tone -Dining Area
Image Credit: lzf-lamps.com
3. Red Light: Red light is a great booster for energy and it is ideal for people who are often tired or fatigued. It also boosts up the sexual desires in couples. This light can be used in Master bedroom.
4. Go Green with Red and Blue Light: Use LED Red lights on indoor plants, the brightness of red will stimulate photosynthesis in plants and speed up the growth in plants making them long, stretched and thin leaves. However, when small amount of blue light is added to red light, extension growth of plants is inhibited, hence making the plants quite compact, with smaller leaves and shorter stems. Red Light vs. Blue light ratio should be: 80:20.
Red light on Plants
5. Warm White and Cool White: Warm White lights are generally used for homes and Cool White for offices. Reason being warm white light has a relaxed and calm effect on the mood and warm white bright light improves concentration levels. Areas like kitchen, laundry, study room, library, bathrooms etc. are recommended to use Cool white light for detail oriented task work. Warm lights are a hit in bedrooms, hallways, dining area and living room.
Warm Light vs Cool Light
Image Credit: superbrightleds.com
6. Blue Light: The latest study show that artificial blue light should not be used in the bedrooms as it hampers with your sleep cycle, whereas blue light emitted by sunlight decreases blood pressure and has tremendous power to manage stressful mood. Blue light is also an energy booster, increases alertness and results in high efficiency work with effect.
7. Orange Light: This warm bright color stimulates the creative thought process. So if your job demands creativity, emission of orange light can be a great boost.
The other reasons on how light can affect mood changes and emotions are :
The effect of light and its attribute if used well can promote the atmosphere we want in different rooms of our home. Use bright light in dull area and adequate light in bright areas to give uniformity and upliftment to the home decor.
5 Tips for Effective Maintenance of Your Home Windows
How To Take Care Of Windows And Doors In Summer
Difference Between UPVC and Aluminium Windows
Why are Sliding Doors Better than Normal Doors?