The theory of Vastu revolves around solar and celestial energies and the balancing act of these energies is said to bring peace and success to you and your family.
The universe comprises of 5 elements – air, water, earth, fire and space and the use of these elements in a balanced fashion at home or in your personal life has immense benefits.
So, if you are building a new home or renovating your old one, few points of Vastu should be kept in consideration.
(1) Entrance Door – the most favorable direction for the house entrance is East. The sun rises in the East, so having an East facing entrance brings the sun’s positive energy into the house. If you are constructing a new home, place the entrance door towards East.
If you are renovating your home and the entrance door is not facing East, opt to open or create a large window option in the East direction as per Vastu.
(2) Bedroom – this space provides privacy and relaxation. It’s important that the position of the bed is such that you gain sound sleep and regain energy for the next day. As per bedroom Vastu, following points should be kept in mind:
Image Credit: myvaastu.in
(3) Kitchen – Vastu of the kitchen is important as it represents the “Fire” element. The best location to place a kitchen is Southeast corner in the home. You should cook facing the East direction. By doing so, the family health and peace of mind increases.
If this direction is not favoring your current apartment, the other option could be the Northwest corner. Avoid Northeast corner of the house as it leads to quarrels, misunderstanding and increased expenditures in the house. Other important aspects related to kitchen are:
Image Credit: askacharya.com
(4) Greens in the House – North represents the “Water” element. You can place green plants, water fountains etc. in this direction for financial gains. If you are a plant lover, avoid white sap producing plants and thorny plants – except rose. Thorny plants give rise to tension at home. To increase harmony at home use vastu friendly plants like money plant, peace lily and bamboo.
Vastu friendly plant – Money plant
(5) Bathroom – Favorable direction of bathroom is northwest. Remember South sided bathroom have adverse effect on health of female members. As already mentioned, North represents the water element, so bathroom fixtures (taps, showers) should be fixed in North direction. Bathtubs, washbasin should be placed in North, East or Northeast direction. Geysers and other electrical points should be installed in Southeast corner of the bathroom.
Image Credit: thegridinterior.com
Ways to Save Money with uPVC Windows
Major Benefits of Casement Windows over Other Styles
5 Trending Windows Ideas for Residential Homes
Embrace Aluminium Windows for a Better Quality of Life
Don't have recommended posts!